* One in six children die before their fifth birthday.
* One in ten children die before their first birthday.
* Half the children in Ethiopia will never attend school; 88% will never attend secondary school
* 82% of the population survives on less than 1 dollar a day
* Only 24% of households have access to safe drinking water
* Ethiopia’s doctor to children ratio is 1 to 24,000
* The average life expectancy is estimated between 45 and 55 years old
* 1 in 3 people are HIV+
* Children and family are honored above all else
We encourage you to research how you can help those in need. A little can go a long way! There are several organizations out there that can provide help to those who need assistance in getting even just their basic needs met. We have listed just a few that we know can make a difference with even just a small donation. We are so thankful to live in a country of abundance.
If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one. ~ Mother Theresa
Ethiopian Orphan Relief
Wherever a man turns he can find someone who needs him. ~Albert Schweitzer