Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting this amazing journey


We have been a couple since high school and instantly became best friends. We try to live life to the fullest and with the greatest amount of gratitude! The only thing that could add to our already amazing life would be children, to share in our experiences and joy.

I feel that things in life happen for a reason. I was unexpectedly offered a job in International Adoption...for a reason. Being exposed to the journey of adoption was inspiring and allowed Pete and I to start thinking about adoption ourselves. So you may be asking yourself many questions like....

Why Ethiopia? For us this country was a perfect fit for many reasons. I don't think that I have the time or space on this blog to discuss every facet of this decision...however I can highlight the main points. We had already gained an appreciation and awareness for the country of Ethiopia prior to thinking about adoption. Then, we heard the heart breaking statistic that there are an estimated four to six million orphans in Ethiopia. So the next question was "Why Not?!" After we had quietly decided that this would be a possibility for our family we both noticed multiple signs to confirm this was the direction we were meant to take. As I created this blog yesterday I was looking at the time in Ethiopia, noticing that it was already 2010 while we were finishing up 2009, and thought about how Ethiopia seems a world away geographically but so close to our hearts already. We both look forward to learning more about the Ethiopian culture.

How long will it take? Of course with International Adoption you need to be prepared for delays, however we are anticipating that it will be around two years from the time we submit our application. We are submitting our application this week, our first formal step! We are quite excited.

This is the first time I have created a blog and to be honest I didn't ever think that I would be a blogger. However, I think its a good way for our family and friends to follow us along our journey. So, I don't really know what to expect of myself in regards to postings and how much information to share. So I hope to keep this blog brief but informative as we go through this wonderful journey of adoption.

Happy New Year to you all and I hope that 2010 brings you happiness, good health and wonderful memories!

2 comments:

  1. what an amazing journey you are embarking on! you have a lot of love and great energy to offer your future son or daughter. we are so very excited for you guys. we love you!
    xo marty, harmony, madden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not even begin to share the amount of happiness that is flowing through me~Nicholas and I feel so blessed to be sharing this journey of happiness with you both! The tears that roll down my face as I write this,are tears of happiness! I have not felt this much joy in my heart other than the day that I gave birth to my baby boy, Nicholas! You both have so much love to give to your new lil one and oh, how blessed your lil one will be to have you as Mommy and Daddy! We wish you the best in all that lies ahead! I am so excited to be an Auntie~if only everyone could see the smile on my face:) We love you both so very much and can not wait to welcome your lil one into our family! God Bless and much love to all THREE of you as you begin your journey of love~your journey of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete