Friday, July 9, 2010

Immigration status


Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrations and revolutionists. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Working with immigration and been a lesson in patience. Although the wait was much longer than we anticipated, we feel so thankful that we are able to call the office to obtain information on our application status. I remember when I worked in adoption adoptive parents didn't have the option of calling about their status, I couldn't even imagine! The "officer" appointed to us has been very gracious and supported us in our curiosity as long as we kept our phone calls to no more than once a week! The first time we called, two weeks ago, we were #16, then a week ago we were told #13, and then I called today and we are #5!!!! We are thrilled to know that the process is speeding up and although we didn't make our goal to send the dossier by July 1st...we think we can make our adjusted goal of sending the dossier by August 1st! YAY!

" Patience is the companion of wisdom." ~Saint Augustine

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I wish we lived closer bc I think we'd have a lot in common!!! PS- My daughter's name is Viviana!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are holding our breath for you and our new little niece.

    ReplyDelete