Saturday, February 5, 2011

Adoption Bug

Some people don't understand adoption, others understand and support adoption, and then there are some people who get touched by the adoption bug...and start their own journey. We definitely caught the adoption bug! Working in adoption and attending various adoption events opened our eyes to this amazing journey and opportunity. When you meet someone who has been touched by the desire to adopt themselves you instantly feel a connection.

We have a friend from high school who recently got touched by the adoption bug and we are thrilled! We remember those first few months in the process....anxiously awaiting for our application to be processed so we could get started, then spending your time gathering homestudy documents and preparing the dossier. It seems so long ago, and yet this all happened within the last year. Time is interesting in adoption, sometimes it flies by and you don't know where the days have gone, with others drag on for what seems like a lifetime. We are so thrilled to see this family start their own journey. We have been so amazed at their motivation to take that leap of faith to get their journey started. They have been deeply motivated to start fundraising and to keep pushing forward despite their limited financial resources. We know they will complete this journey because they have the support, drive, motivation and desire in their heart. They will make their dreams a reality. People like this are not only remarkable for their faith, but really show their deep desire to adopt...showing where their heart lies, with their family.  

Beware...adoption is contiguous and your life will be forever changed...by the people you meet, the experiences you have...and you will marvel over the newest addition to your family!


Faith is a process of leaping into the abyss not on the basis of any certainty about where we shall land, but rather on the belief that we shall land.” Carter Heyward

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing such a wonderful post. Yes, we have definitely caught the "adoption bug" and I'm pretty sure we caught it from you! :) You two are so inspiring and loving. I have always wanted to adopt but didn't think it was possible until I started seeing your journey unfolding. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives and for being my adoption "guardian angel." :) I cannot wait to meet beautiful Baby "M" and I am so grateful that I have been given the opportunity to call you friends. I am so honored that you wrote this about us. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful way to express the amazing journey of adoption. It has touched me also and moves me to talk with others about adoption and being the change we seek throughout the world. Thank you for the change I see within myself because of your decision to adopt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know personally adoption is the only language I speak, I love when it spreads to others...

    ReplyDelete