Saturday, March 20, 2010

These times are a-changin'

We have been so touched by the support everyone has given us over the last week! Your kind words of comfort go a long way, so thank you! We know that the new travel requirement is in the best interest for the children of Ethiopia. And we know that things happen for a reason. But it was still difficult to wrap our brains around how everything would work out...taking time off, paying for additional travel, etc. To help bring happiness and peace to my heart and soul this week I have been listening to my new CD, Children's Songs from Ethiopia. It allowed me to take my mind off the worry and concern that we have been experiencing recently, and to focus on the journey and the abundant joy we will feel when we finally meeting our daughter. Then, talk about perfect timing, out of the blue Vivi was offered an amazing career opportunity that would help address our travel concerns. We can know take a sigh of relief and continue to move forward with confidence and joy.

                            SMILES ALL AROUND

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Everything in the universe goes by indirection. There are no straight lines."

Bob Marley: "Cause just like a tree planted, planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth fruits, bringeth forth fruits in due season, everything in life got its purpose, find its reason in every season, forever."


I just wanted to end this posting with a picture I took at the coast a couple weeks ago.We enjoyed just sitting on the beach watching the power of the ocean and the beauty of nature. 

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." ~ Albert Einstein

2 comments:

  1. Angela and NicholasMarch 20, 2010 at 8:11 PM

    Thank you for the update! Every time I read your updates I feel so much joy that my eyes fill with tears of complete happiness! I love the pic that shows just the smile on both of your faces~you both are going to be the Best parents in the world! I am so excited and look forward to the continuation of this amazing journey! I cannot wait until the day I meet my lil neice for the 1st time~I think about her every day! Love you Pete, Viv, and our new lil Angel! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sagebrush Mom says......Every time I read your blog I am filled with joy, peace and hope. Thank you!! I am enjoying every part of this journey. My future granddaughter will be loved, encouraged and supported by so many but especially by her fabulous mom and dad. Pete & Viv you are incredible people. She is one blessed little lady! And we are one blessed family!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete