Monday, May 31, 2010

Experiencing the journey of adoption from both sides



Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose he knows not, though he senses it. But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people. ~ Albert Einstein

I feel so lucky to be able to experience the amazing journey of adoption both professionally and personally.

From the first moment I started working professionally in adoption I was touched by the families motivation and dedication towards the process. I felt so honored to be a part of them becoming a forever family.

Now being an adoptive family ourselves, we feel so blessed that we have this opportunity to go on this journey. We feel that we have gained an even greater sense of what is truly important in life and we know that this is the path we were meant to take. Through our own adoption process we have connected with other adoptive families, developing wonderful friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. 

Thank you! Thank you to adoptive families that I have worked with, for letting me be a part of your journey. Thank you to everyone for the support you provide us during our journey of becoming a forever family.

Every child begins the world again.... ~Henry David Thoreau

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we are so excited to be one step closer to getting that magical paper "I-171-H"! Thanks for your continued support my fellow adoption buddy ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, how sweet. This makes me teary eyed remembering how excited I was when you called me with my referral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodie, I was teary eyed as well ( : What a special day...I feel lucky to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing photo!! This is an incredible journey and the best part is that you share it all with us. Thank you for raising our awareness of the importance of a strong family with many love connections.

    ReplyDelete