Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lights of Hope

My mom and I were thrilled to attend the 2nd Annual Lights of Hope Auction. Since it was mother's day weekend I thought this was a great way to celebrate my mom becoming a grandma. My mom was instrumental in who I am today and I am so thankful to have such an inspiring mother. I can't wait to see the beautiful relationship grow with her granddaughter. 

Ethiopian Orphan Relief Organization is such an incredible non-profit organization. It was a beautiful evening filled with love, support and generosity. I was so impressed with everyones effort to contribute towards the needs in Ethiopia. Beautiful people, lovely music, delicious food, and all for a good cause. We plan to make this an annual event for the family. 

My amazing mother! There isn't enough room in this blog to remark on the incredible woman, mother and friend that she is, but trust me ( : 

 

It was wonderful to meet other adoptive families, as well as chat with a familiar family whom I adore. 



Grandma purchased her granddaughter's first Ethiopian dress, a beautiful white dress with the accent colors of green, yellow, and red.



We hope to see everyone next year!



“We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love.”
 ~ Mother Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Sagebrush Grandma shared a delightful evening with Vivi and other generous attendees of this dinner auction. The highlight was winning the auction bid for this sweet ethiopian dress. Vivi and Pete gave me an incredible mothers day event, thank you. My heart swells with love and joy when each experience comes that brings Pete & Vivi's little girl closer to home. Hugs all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can't wait to be a grandma Paula! Even I think about my grandkids I will have someday. And I love the dress.

    ReplyDelete