Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weekend of bliss

 
“We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly, but let us never lose 
sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a 
rainbow on the way.”   ~ Unkown author

We had a wonderful weekend filled with several adoption events which were hosted by our agency. We feel so thankful to work with such an incredible agency, they feel like an extended family already. We enjoyed watching all the children run around playing and laughing. We were thrilled to meet more families, the families in our adoption support network are simply amazing. We also met our agency's lawyer from Ethiopia who was visiting, what a sweet man with a beautiful smile. This is the picture from Friday night's event at the Childrens Museum. I purposely made it blurred for privacy reasons. I wish that you could all see the smiles in the crowd. Every event this weekend was a gift to us.

2 comments:

  1. I know this weekend was wonderful in every way! Mommy called me on her way home each day to share her happiness and excitment! Although I wasn't able to attend because of work, I was there with you all in spirit and heart! I waited for mommys call each day...I loved how excited she was and the happiness in her voice was out of this world! Grandma Paula was able to go and she also shared her excitment...as she has always said to me and mommy; You are loved, special and important! Daddy has not stopped smiling and is so happy for the day to arrive when you are placed in his arms:) I can promise you this...daddy and mommy love you so much and you have already brought so much joy and happiness into their lives! They are going to be the best mommy and daddy a lil girl could ever dream of! Your dream has come true...may your journey begin! I love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture may be blurred but the joy of this event is clear and in focus just as you have been clear and focused since the very beginning of the beautiful wondrous journey of love to your daughter in Ethiopia. All these events were a gift of love, hope and faith. I was so very happy to be there and celebrate with you and all these fabulous families. This has been and continues to be a journey of love. Holding my granddaughter in my arms will be a moment of joy and honor. We will all continue to be focused on her growth and development under your guidance.

    ReplyDelete