Thursday, August 19, 2010

I-171H

Oh the long awaited day has come! We checked our mail today and found our immigration approval, the I-171-H!!! We have been so patient that our excitement was over flowing. Our neighbors came out of their house to see what was going on....as I was jumping up and down and dancing in the streets while Pete was driving in circles! I know it sounds silly but we have been waiting for so long...WHOHOO!!!!! Now we can drop off the dossier at our adoption agency and begin the REAL wait. Oh happy day!



“Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” ~ Gloria Steinem

3 comments:

  1. What EXCITING news!!!!! Congratulations a thousand times over again!!!!!! We are so incredibly thrilled for you! I was just thinking today that I needed to check your blog to see if there were any updates...what a GREAT surprise! Can't wait to hear all about the next phase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Happy Day has come at last! You have worked so diligently and faithfully about meeting all the requirements for filing your paperwork in order to proceed with your adoption, it is a welcomed relief to see it truly and officially completed. You are on the threshold of uniting with your sweet baby girl in Ethiopia. All that remains is to step thru the threshold with open arms. A new chapter in the story of your journey of love begins with that step. I can feel your joy even though we are about 150 miles apart. The energy you are creating is traveling sweetly thru the air like ripples on a pond. Your joy is well deserved. You have already shown incredible love, committment and devotion to your child. I long for the day when you introduce your daughter to me and I can hold her in my arms. I have held her in my heart for a long time already and how sweet to actually hold that sweet bundle of joy that has touched us all. Well Done and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So extremely happy! You two are going to be the most amazing parents a child could ever dream of! I as well, have held her so close to my heart as I always will! I pray for her and her birth mother every day as well...asking God to protect them in good health, love and joy! I feel so blessed and proud to be her Auntie and my lil BFF forever and ever she will be!! I love you both so much and am so proud of all you have become. You both have worked hard to bring your precious lil Angel into your lives where she will always be surrounded with love, happiness and joy! I can't wait to meet my niece, your daughter! Congrats Mommy and Daddy! I love u baby DeTorres! Love Auntie Ang! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete