Thursday, August 5, 2010

No news.....waiting patiently


“A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” ~ John Steinbeck

We would be lying if we said we weren't thinking about our immigration paperwork and getting a little antsy. Although we had hoped to have our approval already, we are not letting our mood become negative and instead just focusing on the tasks at hand and planning for the future.

I have these two pendants hanging from my mirror and I look at them constantly. Today I was looking at the map of Africa and thinking about our journey of love. Is she conceived yet? How is her birth mother doing? How is their health? Then it came to me. Here I am feeling how hard it is to wait for paperwork approval when people in Ethiopia struggle everyday just to get their basic needs met. They have to walk several hours just to get to a road, they often don't have clean water, there are so many things that I take for granted on a daily basis. It humbled me yet again. I took a deep breath feeling the love we already have for this child and her culture. Some day...some day it will happen. It will happen when it is right, when she is ready and when we are ready...when it is meant to.


Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Once again my eyes are filled with tears...happy tears:) I feel so blessed that Pete is my brother and has given me such a beautiful, amazing sister in law. I am so thankful for being part of this journey. I think about your lil Angel, my niece every single day! I cannot wait for the day I receive the wonderful news...she has arrived!! What a beautiful, loving life your lil one is going to have:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an image of love, understanding and courage. Your little one will grow and blossom in such a wonderfully loving environment. I too am so proud of you both. Viv you have been the greatest blessing in my life because of who you are and when you married Peter you doubled that blessing. Thank you for sharing all of this journey of love with me and having me participate in your entire family life. We are family!!!!

    ReplyDelete