Friday, August 6, 2010

A little update on CIS

Well today we called CIS about our update. We were prepared to once again get our officer's voice mail, however we were lucky in that OUR officer actually answered the main phone line today. I almost jumped when I heard her voice (funny how I have only heard it a few times but already it has become distinct in my memory). When we asked about our progress and being #5 a month ago she proceeded to say "well I know I said #5 but I misinformed you. You were #5 in the second stack and your file has finally reached my desk today (meaning we were probably #5 in the third stack)." It was received with mixed emotions. We were thrilled to hear that we actually made some good progress over the last few weeks however we couldn't help but feel a bit frustrated with the initial indication of the placement of our file. After hearing the news I conveyed our appreciation for her work, both as a adoption professional and as an adoptive family. We have no doubt that she is working as hard and fast as she can (she is even working through the weekends). We figure this is what her desk looked like! We continue to focus on the journey and patiently await holding our beautiful daughter in our arms...when that happens all the wait will pale in comparison to the joy she will bring in our lives FOREVER!

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking." ~ Buddhist Proverb

3 comments:

  1. Such great news! Filled my heart and soul with so much happiness! I can't wait for that day either...when my beautiful lil niece is placed in your arms! Love u bunches! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting is agony and you are handling it so well with patience,understanding and never shrinking from asking pertinent questions. Tears of joy and tumultuous laughter will show on my face when I see you both walk off the plane with your beautiful child in your arms!! Hang in there, the wait is almost over! Love and admire you both, xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This journey of love to our precious girl in Ethiopia is like a roller coaster. Thrilling! Terrifying! Fun! Exciting! Scary! Lots of twists and turns we cannot control! Stomach in our throat or our toes! And when the ride is all over we laugh and smile and say, "wow, what a great ride! let's do it again! this is fun!" And the same when your daughter arrives. All the frustration will pass away and all that will be left is the joy! and maybe, just maybe you'll say..... let's do this again!! I love you both big as the universe!!!! mom

    ReplyDelete