Thursday, March 3, 2011

Can't forget about work


Post by Vivi:
During this entire adoption process both of our employers and co-workers have been unbelievably supportive! If you recall, several months after starting this amazing adoption journey we were told that we would have to either make two trips or stay the entire duration between court and our embassy appointment. This was concerning to our already established budget for the adoption. However, around the same time I was also offered the position of program manager for an Urgent Mental Health Crisis Clinic in Portland. This coudn't have come at a better time for financial reasons, as well as receiving the additional benefits like paid time off. Therefore not only have we been preparing to leave the country for two months, but I have also had to prepare my clinc for my 3+ months departure. Everyone has been beyond supportive and encouraging. Well, today they threw me a surprise shower. I feel honored to manage such an experienced and dedicated team, and thankful that everyone is so supportive during this transition. Although, they continue to focus on when Baby "M" will be visiting the clinic, not when "I" will be returning to the clinic. But again how could you not want to meet this precious child...who's pictures are all over my desk!


“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” 
~ Henry Ford

2 comments:

  1. Awww. That is so sweet! I'll bet that just made your day! :) Your quote is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great support from your coworkers! God Bless Them All!!!!!

    ReplyDelete